Manjit S. Gill provides strategic corporate and legal guidance for companies operating within the US and abroad. Manjit’s extensive experience in complex business and intellectual property litigation serves as the foundation for his robust and insightful representation. In addition, Manjit leverages his strong global business relationships to facilitate corporate expansion for clients.
Manjit’s practice focuses on protecting clients from regulatory risk while increasing sales and developing resources. His counsel includes matters involving litigation avoidance techniques and the development and monetization of intellectual property portfolios. Manjit also has significant experience in conducting due diligence for target acquisitions and enabling clients to secure those possessing the highest value.
Manjit has represented clients in a host of industries, including pharmaceuticals, medical devices, nanotech, IT, retail, telecommunications, and alternative energy.
He partners with clients throughout all stages of representation, from negotiating agreements and preparing licensing and distribution arrangements, to the resolution of breach of contract, patent, trademark, and unfair competition issues. Manjit’s in-depth understanding of international business issues provides clients with a unique advantage in obtaining favorable results that are crucial to success.
- ABA’s International Litigation Quarterly, Vol. 29, No. 4, Summer 2013, “Has U.S. Intellectual Property Law Reached Too Far?”
- A Legal Guide to Doing Business in the Asia-Pacific, published by the American Bar Association (ABA), May 2010, Chapter: “Malaysia”
- ABA’s Intellectual Property Litigation Quarterly, Vol. 21, No. 1, Fall 2009, “Consumer Survey Evidence and Trademark Infringement Litigation”
- ABA’s International Litigation Quarterly, Vol. 25, No. 2, Spring 2009, “Extraterritoriality and the U.S. Copyright Act”
- ABA’s Intellectual Property Litigation Quarterly, Vol. 19, No. 2, Winter 2008, “Does the Patent Act Provide Immunity from State and Local Market Regulation?”
- Intellectual Property Law, published by Aspatore Books, January 2008, Chapter: “This Year in IP Law: Looking Back and Looking Forward”
- Maximizing Intellectual Property Value, published by Aspatore Books, September 2007, Chapter: “Negotiating IP Settlements”
- ABA’s International Litigation Quarterly, Vol. 23, No. 4, Summer 2007, “Extraterritoriality and the U.S. Patent Act”
- IndUS Business Journal, Vol. 7, No. 6, March 15, 2007, Guest Column: “Franchise rule changes industry legal landscape”
- IndUS Business Journal, Vol. 6, No. 11, June 1, 2006, Guest Column: “When franchise law and trademark law intercede”
- ABA, Intellectual Property Section, Editorial Board, Landslide Magazine (2010-2013)
- ABA, International Law Section, Steering Committee Member for India Committee, International Litigation Committee, and International Arbitration Committees (2010-2012)
- ABA, Litigation Section, ADR Committee, Chair, International Subcommittee (2010-2013); Co-Editor, Conflict Management (2007-2010)
- North American South Asian Bar Association (NASABA), Co-Chair, International Law Section (2011-2013); Vice-President for Affiliate Relations (2009-2011); Board of Directors (2008-2009)
- Florida Bar, Executive Council, International Law Section (2008-2011); Editor, Florida Bar Journal (2006-2009); Editor, International Law Quarterly (2005-2008); Chair of Publications, International Law Section (2005-2008); Vice-Chair of Publications, International Litigation and Arbitration Committee (2003–2005)
New York University
LLM, International Law
University of Virginia
Duke University (magna cum laude)